Info to know before you order:
- THIS IS A DIY (DO IT YOURSELF) KIT! It is shipped as multiple pieces and the customer welds it themselves.
- There may be small imperfections on the surfaces of the parts, such as small areas of surface rust or shallow scratches caused during the manufacturing or shipping processes.
- This listing is so you can order the swingout separate from the rear bumper and install it at a later time. You can also order it as an option with the rear bumper (will be discounted $40 due to not having to ship separately).
- This swingout tire carrier was designed specifically for our 1996 to 2002 Toyota 4runner rear bumper. There is no guarantee in fitment on any other company’s bumper.
A little about the swingout:
- Price: $365 (over $100 of just hardware in it).
- Max recommended tire size is 35".
- Wheel bolt pattern is 6x5.5 with M12x1.50 studs. Lug nuts not includded.
- License plate will need to be relocated.
- The square tubing connecting the wheel mounting plate to the swingout is cut oversized and is adjustable. So depending on your wheel offset you can cut it to the length you need. It can also be angled to your preferred position.
- Materials: The hinge brackets, wheel mounting plate, and swingout wheel support plate & braces are 1/4" hrpo steel. The latch bracket and logo brace are 3/16" hrpo steel. Round tubing is 1.75" OD x 11 gauge ERW. Square tubing is 2.5x2.5x3/16.
- Hinge is a dual shear design. Main pin is a 3/4" alloy steel shoulder bolt (stronger than grade 8). Uses oil embedded high load flanged sleeve bushings. The outer tube that the swingout welds too is 1.75" OD x 3/8" wall DOM tubing. Mounts to the bumper using six 1/2" alloy steel bolts or can be welded.
- Latch has a 2000 lb holding capacity and safety lock.
- T-handle spring plunger offers added security and locks swingout in the closed position. Also, locks swing out when opened to 100°.
Swingout weight including latch, hinge, and all hardware is around 40 lbs.
Lead time: 2 Weeks. This is only an estimate and may occasionally be slightly longer or shorter depending on the workload and availability of parts. This does not include time in transit after shipment. Please contact us for updates on your order.
Shipping: FREE! Free local pickup in Sarasota, FL is also available. If you are outside the lower 48 please contact for a shipping quote.
96-02 4RUNNER TIRE CARRIER SWINGOUT - DIY KIT
We ship all our smaller parts through USPS priority mail and it typically takes between 2-3 days to arrive after shipment. All our larger items will ship USPS or UPS ground and may take up to a week to arrive after shipment. If you have any special requests or would like to arrange a local pickup please contact before ordering.